The Golden Globes is always an exciting and memorable night! The awards, the fashion and beautiful celebrities take center stage for all to admire. DailyFashionista was awe struck by Jennifer Lopez and her stunning fashion and beauty statement. Luckily, we have the backstage details from L’Oreal Paris on what beauty favorites and techniques which were used to create this stunning Hollywood look worn by Jlo. Ladies, you can easily print this out or take notes for your next shopping trip! What we also love is the fact that these products are reasonable and accessible.
*All products are available at LorealParisUSA.com and mass and drugstores nationwide. Images provided via L’Oreal.
Here are the stylish details:
JENNIFER LOPEZ (HAIR)
HAIR STYLIST: Lorenzo Martin for L’Oreal Paris
INSPIRATION: “This evening, Jennifer went for a classic Hollywood look with her hair slightly flipped and parted to the side.”
- Lorenzo, first washed Jennifer’s hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner ($4.99 each)
- For texture and volume, Lorenzo sprayed L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It Air-Blown Texture Mist ($4.99) to add body to the blow out
- Using a small round brush, he then blow dried hair in small sections
- Next, Lorenzo sprayed the hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It Blow Out Heat Spray ($4.99)
- Using a 1” barrel curling iron, he curled the hair in one direction, pinned it and let cool
- He then added a bit of shine using L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Extraordinary Oil Lustrous Oil Serum ($6.99) on the front and ends of hair
- Lorenzo finished the look by brushing out the hair and setting with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray ($14.99)
MANICURIST: L’Oréal Paris Global Manicurist, Tom Bachik
INSPIRATION: “Jennifer wore this really cool yellow dress that was classic and super chic. We were really inspired by this color and because Jennifer’s look was so glamorous, we wanted to keep her nails clean and chic. We chose a deep burgundy red solid nail to compliment the yellow tone of the dress.”
- First, Tom filed nails into a classic round shape
- He next applied L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Nailcolor in Always a Lady ($9.99) to Jennifer’s nails. After dry, Tom applied the top coat side of the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Nailcolor and let dry
- Tom advises maintaining a manicure using L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Facial Oil ($24.99); a drop on each nail 1-2 daily will keep nail color looking fresh and shiny, and cuticles hydrated
MAKEUP ARIST: Mary Phillips for L’Oréal Paris
INSPIRATION: “ If you saw the Giambattista Valli dress, you’ll instantly get old Hollywood glamour with the shape and even the mustardy, marigold color. The cape and the diamonds, it’s perfection. Her skin and that lip color are the hallmarks of this look. It’s very elegant, gorgeous, and beautiful, while still being very modern and today. We’re always experimenting with her looks, and I think that tonight perfectly reflects that, with this classic, old school dose of beauty.”
- Mary first applied Armani Prima Eye and Lip Contour Perfector on the upper eye lid and around all around the mouth and lip, as lips should be just as hydrated as skin
- Next, she created a natural 3D effect by layering sheerer colors of L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation (C5.5 NATURAL TAN, 5.5 Perfect Beige, and W3 Nude Beige — $16.99)
- She used darker shades in the Infallible Pro Contour Palette ($12.99) in 814 Medium along the jawline, underneath the cheek bones, on the temple and hairline of the forehead and along the nose. The highlighter hue was applied to the center of the forehead, nose, directly above the jawline, and underneath the browbone.
- Mary’s self-proclaimed “holy grail” blush, L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Blush in Spiced Plum C7-8 ($10.99), was added to the apples of cheeks for a fresh pop of color and extra dimension
- On eyelids, with special attention to browbones, is L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow Mono in 306 ($5.99). Shade 201 is the backdrop color applied in the crease and 205 is added at the center of the upper lid and along the lower lashline
- She drew a very, very thin line of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Black Velvet Liner ($9.99) on the top lashes only, and concentrated on making the line a little fuller at the ends without “winging out” too much, as that can tend to look costume-y with the rest of the look. Mary finished the liner look by applying L’Oréal Paris Infallible Matte-Matic Liner ($8.99) to the upper and lower lashlines, making sure to get in between lashes to add drama in an understated, “un-heavy” sort of way
- In order to achieve long, lush eyelashes that had the perfect hint of depth that wouldn’t compete in any way with the lip, Mary primed and coated lashes using L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Superstar Mascara ($10.99)
- Mary mixed three lip shades, building up colors in different areas, applying darker colors to the outside of the mouth, and then working her way in. She wanted the lips to be dark but not vampy, and also have dimension and not come across as a one-note color. She customized the lip just for Jennifer using L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in ROUGE ENVY, NUDE ALLUDE and FORBIDEEN KISS ($9.99) for a very full lip effect, that was neither too wet nor matte.