When the seasons begin to change, as women we can have some fun with our look! Besides the impending Pumpkin Spice Latte frenzy, we can also infuse these tones into our outfits. I recently went for lunch and a refreshing fresh mint lemonade at one of my favorite little cafes and was feeling the pre-autumn vibe. There’s something to be said about a comfortable and soft cardigan (that even works well now because of the air-conditioning) and wardrobe pieces in warm tones. I will allow the tips and photos tell the rest of this style story. Here are some of DailyFashionista‘s top Indian Summer Essentials:
- Statement jewelry: The term statement jewelry has taken a new direction this season. Whether you opt for a bold piece or a more delicate style — jewelry will and always be a great way to enhance your look. #DF adores Charming Charlie a great place to pick up some of the latest accessory trends. (As seen in my necklace and earrings, below)
- Be Bronze: As the summer fades, so does your tan. A great way to keep that bronzed glow is with the use of a handy bronzer. My new obsession is the Fakecation bronzer by Glamour Dolls Makeup. Scroll down for swatches of the bronzer and their must-have fall eye-shadows. The Bronzer is matte, cruelty-free and amazing.
- Chic and Timeless Handbag: My mom used to always say, “Dana, invest in a good handbag.” And you know what, she was right. I recently purchased this Kate Spade New York Handbag at the Nordstrom sale and I have to say. yes — I love it. Whether I want to dress chic, edgy or bohemian — this bag works well with it all. Additionally, the taupe color is a great neutral.
- Cardigan/ Sweater Coat: A major and I mean major must have for the season is a versatile sweater coat/cardigan. I found the perfect one over at Crane and Lion. This wrap sweater is so fabulous, comfortable and just so cozy that I plan to wear it all fall and winter. This also is a great travel piece for when it gets chilly on the plane (love this sweater). More details can be found here on this style score.
- Shoes, shoes, shoes: Ok, maybe the key isn’t going overboard with your shoe collection, but just owning key styles. One of my favorite retailers for trendy shoes is Lulu’s. In fact, I also enjoy popping by the Lulu’s Instagram, to peruse their flirty looks! The sandals featured here are from Lulu’s and they are comfortable, stylish, and chic.