After a rather mild fall and early winter here in the New York City area, temperatures are starting to drop! Many of us are thinking about a warm weather get-away.
I recently went to Florida for a nice break and it was truly enjoyable. The sunshine, warm air, palm trees and some fun in the sun always serves the mind and body well! While vacation time is relished, some of us tend to feel anxiety when packing and also general stresses about travel. DailyFashionista wanted to share some useful travel advice for your next adventure:
- Do your research: When I booked my trip to Orlando and the Walt Disney World area, Trip Advisor and Hotels.com were great resources. You can obtain real reviews from people like yourself looking to enjoy some rest and relaxation. Depending upon the vibe of your trip and exactly what it is that you want to experience, I find both of these sites solid resources.
- Bring the right luggage: Packing for a trip can be exciting and stressful. Owning the right luggage will enable you to bring what you need with ease. It’s all about fashion and function. If you’re adding to a luggage set you already own, or investing in something new, I highly recommend having a grey or black bag as a good base. Opt for a style that has wheels for easy on the go transport like these travel bags by baggallini. My advice is to start with a neutral and then add in pops of color with additional bags (pictured below). Have a go-to bag that no matter where you’re going or what you’re doing — it will work! The baggallini rolling tote is that bag and holds shoes, clothing beauty items and more!
- Statement sunglasses: It’s all about statement sunglasses. This is a pair that can be worn with everything you have packed. They also need to fit well, be comfortable and flatter your features. The UA Alloy TD Sunglasses by Under Armour are my current favorite. These are made really well, protect your eyes and never gave me a headache. Comfort and style mean a lot and these sunglasses are one of the best pairs and brands out there.
- Versatile clothing: Sometimes it’s not how much you pack, but what you pack that truly matters. The compliments kept coming when I wore this beautiful Red Haute Clothing top. You can easily re-style this caftan style and wear it over your swimsuit, with shorts or even a skirt. I opted for white denim with the top and it made for a fashionable and wearable travel look.
- Have fun: Let go and enjoy yourself! Do not get so wrapped up in the details, that you forget why you actually went on that vacation in the first place.
Want to keep the conversation going? Tweet @DanaPrigge I always enjoy connecting and hearing from you. Wishing you safe, happy and stylish travels.