One of the many styles that you will see featured this season is the cape. This cozy, versatile and playful piece can take you from workday to weekend with effortless ease. I found this fab little cape with faux-fur detailing during my recent Instagram Takeover with Simon Malls at The Mills at Jersey Gardens.
The Mills at Jersey Gardens is a really wonderful mall with so many great stores to visit. I scored this taupe cape at the Burlington outlet there at an amazing price. The luxe-feel and look of this piece is undeniable. You could easily wear this with everything from your favorite denim to your favorite skirt. Here are some styling tips when creating an outfit with a cape. Want to keep the conversation going? Tweet @DanaPrigge I enjoy chatting with you!
Styling Tips for a Cape:
- Remember a cape adds volume, wear something sleek on your bottom half
- Do go for another color besides black, mix it up and create your own signature look
- Add interesting details with fun hosiery such as these by Hanes
- Layering is a way to keep warm with your cape – keep the layers well-fitting
- Try on your cape at the store – there is something for everyone – even petites